Re: [Amps] Vacuum relays in Dentron MLA-2500

To: n4dek@triad.rr.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vacuum relays in Dentron MLA-2500
From: W8AV@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 12:35:21 -0500
In a message dated 12/26/2003 11:53:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
n4dek@triad.rr.com writes:

> Wondering if maybe someone that has access to the schematic for the MLA-2500
> could take a look at it and let me know what I would need to change this amp
> to use vacuum relays. I've been told that I would need two relays but really
> don't know for sure. I've found several vacuum relays on ebay but need to be
> sure of what I need to get. One or two? Voltage? ect.   I can't deal with the
> relay noise in this amp any longer.
> Please help!

You need two if you are using SPDT vacuum relays, one to switch the incoming RF
from the transceiver to the input of the tubes and one to switch the output
from the amp to the antenna.  The MLA-2500 uses an open frame DPDT relay to
accomplish both of these functions.

73........de Goose, W8AV