Re: [Amps] Vacuum relays in Dentron MLA-2500

To: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vacuum relays in Dentron MLA-2500
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:50:18 -0500
At 02:28 PM 12/26/03 -0800, Vic Rosenthal wrote:
See <http://www.somis.org/QSK922.html>, Rich Measures' article on vacuum relay QSK. He uses a reed relay for the input and an RJ1A or HC-1 vacuum relay for the output. I have used a similar circuit in at least three amplifiers so far, and it is ABSOLUTELY SILENT if you follow his advice to use silicon rubber to mount it and thin pieces of copper foil to make the leads. Foil works better than braid, becasue the braid wicks solder and ends up rigid.

Well, I'm perplexed. My braid connections are not rigid, I used a small vacuum relay for the input side, and absolutely silent is never a term I'd use. Maybe I could have done something different, but it's hard to know what....

73, Pete N4ZR Happy Holidays Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm