Re: [Amps] Step start resistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Step start resistors
From: "Marcinio Afonso Stabile" <marcinio@terra.com.br>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:05:53 -0300
Hi Peter!

I am using thermistors as inrush current limiters, for a variable frequency
AC drives, in a pre-charge system, to limit the charging current on the DC
bus capacitors. More information at Ametherm web site:

http://www.ametherm.com/Inrush_Current/welcome.html

I hope it could be a usefull idea. Here in Brazil, PY2WM (De Marco) tested
this solution on the rebuilt of your Delta 1000 linear amplifier (4 x 811A)
with sucess, using a thermistor removed from a surplus PC power supply. See
the description (in portuguese only, sorry!) at:

http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/jkdemarco/Delta1000/Delta1000.htm

73!

Marcinio Afonso Stabile - ZZ2TWT
Jaboticabal - SP - Brazil