Re: [Amps] Transformer varnish removal

To: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>, <peter.chadwick@Zarlink.Com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer varnish removal
From: "on4kj" <on4kj@skynet.be>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:38:15 +0100
From: <peter.chadwick@Zarlink.Com>
To: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>
Cc: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>; <k7fm@teleport.com>; <ka1xo@juno.com>;
<amps-bounces@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 10:12 AM

> Rich said:
>
> > Tomcat spray also works well for pre-paint etching of aluminum
>
> Soemwhat easier and more controllable is caustic soda (sodium hydroxide).

***Ironic talk ON:

 Gives also a nice satin look to aluminium panels.
 We used it this way, in hot boiling water, anno 1958.
 Not aware of the danger ..........! As we were just stupid youngsters.
 Its different nowadays since it seems to be a privilege of some very
intelligent big CHIEFS...
 without  any exeption.

***Ironic talk OFF: