Re: [Amps] Amplifer that was for sale

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifer that was for sale
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 00:05:57 -0500
Richard,

It had to be someone reporting it as an illegal item for them to do that. They don't hardly mess with anything unless someone does report it. I wouldn't report anything like that. Heck folks ought to just let it go on eBay for selling used equipment. Now if it were a manufacturer selling from an eBay store or having a bunch of new at auction, that would be something else (it does happen). Most all those old sweep tube amps are shot anyhow and or don't have much bang left in them. Plus, it's the FCC's problem to watch for that, not an individuals. I know some hams who've bought them and converted them back to 10 or 6 meters successfully and talk on them every day. It's a shame that it has got too bad for a ham not to be able to sell a piece of equipment. Too many people with too much time on their hands I guess.

Will Matney

RICHARD GEORGE wrote:

Interesting experience. I tried to sell my Collins 30 L1 last week on ebay. Every time I listed it Ebay pulled it off saying it was not permitted. In my 2nd listing I stated for sale to licensed ham only and that it was not a CB amplifier. At that time there were 3 other Collins 30 L1 amps listed and closing. Also there were at least 50 genuine CB type amplifiers for sale that did not get pulled. I have contact ebay on this but doubt to here back.

http://www.nod32.com