Re: [Amps] Amplifer that was for sale

To: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifer that was for sale
From: "Bob Bruno - K2KI" <k2ki@starc.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:07:35 -0500
Well, While what I am about to say is not ham related, it does pertain to
this issue.

I had what looked like a Fender Stratocaster guitar that was made by a
company called Samick that I wanted to sell on ebay. I specified that this
guitar WAS NOT a Fender. I made sure that when I mentioned the name Fender,
I put a Registered trademark symbol after the name and a disclaimer that
Fender is a resistered trademark/name yadda yadda.

Ebay halted the auction saying that I was selling an instrument which
violates the copyright of Fender. This guitar was made by Samick, a well
known guitar Mfg. Fender takes no actions against Samick.

There are people out there with TOO much time on their hands indeed.

Gimme a break...

73, CUL...

Bob de K2KI
k2ki@starc.org