Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: Shipping Damage

To: Japerlick@aol.com, lncarman@swbell.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: Shipping Damage
From: SamuelR717@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:54:48 EST
In a message dated 2/25/2005 12:51:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Japerlick@aol.com writes:

He left  it up to a local Mail Boxes Etc to pack and ship the unit. That was
our first  mistake....MBE is run by local franchisees who are usually shipping
cookies  from Grandma and often don't have knowledge.

Caution is the watchword.  But, in fairness to MBE (no connection with  me),
I want to point out a couple of thimgs. First, your seller should have  looked
at the bill from MBE.  (and why is a "dealer" using MBE?) Insurance  is noted
as a separate line item.  Lack of a charge should have set  off alarms.  By
my lights, the seller was responsible and should have  borne any losses.

Second, most MBE outlets will pack as the  shipper instructs.  I use them
because I have a physical handicap and  can't horse around heavy packages.  I
had
to ship my elderly 87A to Alpha  for a PS problem I couldn't solve.  I got
the unit to MBE (with help) and  carefully instructed them as to how it needed
to be packed; I then watched as  they did it to be sure.  It got to Alpha in
fine shape, came back in an  Alpha shipping box no better than what MBE used.

Sam
AA3VD