Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: Shipping Damage

To: 'W2RU - Bud Hippisley' <W2RU@frontiernet.net>,Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: Shipping Damage
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:55:14 -0800

They may "guarantee" 5 days, but they failed to deliver in my situation two
weeks ago.  The 4-pound electronics item I had ordered sat in a Texas FedEx
facility for the first day and a half, was on the road for a day and a half,
and then spent nearly five (!!!) days in facilities two hours away from me!
Total time en route was 8 days.  As a result of the run-around and
conflicting stories from the four different FedEx people I spoke with, I've
decided to deal only with companies who use anyone/anything else but FedEx
ground for their lowest cost shipping.

Besides, of what value is their "guarantee" to the recipient?   In my case,
I bought something from a supplier who offered "free" shipping.  Only the
shipper would benefit from a refund, but it's usually the recipient who is
concerned about how long it takes to ship the item.

Bud, W2RU

::Correctamundo, Bud.  I had an "URGENT EARLY AM SATURDAY" delivery
guarantee by FedEx P1 with a rate of more than $400 extra to assure AM
SATURDAY delivery from here in L.A. to the Boston area a couple of weeks
ago.  "GUARANTEED."  When I tracked it from home on Saturday evening, I
found it was still "en route," and in Memphis, Tennessee.  As of Monday
morning, two days too late for the customer to use the item, it was also
still in Memphis.  "We're sorry, but the rain storm here has delayed most of
the distributions."  Well, there ya go.  I could have almost driven the item
there myself by car and gotten it to its destination faster.  -WB2WIK/6