Re: [Amps] Shipping Damage

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shipping Damage
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:30:32 +0000
At 18:14 2005-02-24, Gary Smith wrote:
>A little sideways on this subject.  Recently, due to UPS's near over-the-top
>shipping fees, I have been using FedEx with excellent service.  Their (air)
>express rates are the same as the brown truck folks, but their ground rates
>are at least 30% cheaper with 5 day delivery guaranteed.

They may "guarantee" 5 days, but they failed to deliver in my situation two
weeks ago.  The 4-pound electronics item I had ordered sat in a Texas FedEx
facility for the first day and a half, was on the road for a day and a half,
and then spent nearly five (!!!) days in facilities two hours away from me!
Total time en route was 8 days.  As a result of the run-around and conflicting
stories from the four different FedEx people I spoke with, I've decided to deal
only with companies who use anyone/anything else but FedEx ground for their
lowest cost shipping.

Besides, of what value is their "guarantee" to the recipient?   In my case, I
bought something from a supplier who offered "free" shipping.  Only the shipper
would benefit from a refund, but it's usually the recipient who is concerned
about how long it takes to ship the item.

Bud, W2RU