Re: [Amps] Bird Element Calibration?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bird Element Calibration?
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@ic24.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:55:28 +0000
On Monday 21 March 2005 00:51, David Kirkby wrote:

> I suspect Bird use Calorimeters for internal use, but would not use them
> to calibrate each and every element they sell, as the method is too time
> consuming.
No, at best they will have a half decent power meter from HP or Boonton or
somesuch, which will get sent to a cal lab now and again, to be compared
against a meter that's been compared against a meter that's been compared
against a meter (and so on) until you bump into a meter that's been checked
against something at a National Standards lab. Now apply the same to the
attenuator that's in front of the power meter.....

On the other hand, they might have their own set of 'reference' 43s which the
techs all trust to be right.

Steve