Re: [Amps] eBay

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] eBay
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 08:05:36 -0400
I have to say me too, sorry. I always wait until the last 30 seconds to 1
minute to bid. Yesterday was the exception. I was tired and just bid anyways as
I couldnt hold my eyes open. If I had bid at the last minute, chances are the
guy would have never seen the bid and it went for the first price which was
around $7 if I recall. He surely wouldnt of had time too do much. I have Snipe
Monkey here and tried a few others. All they do is sync with eBays time and
send in a maximum bid in the last few seconds. Using a dial up though, aint too
good as some times is slower than others, and the snipe program will send it
too late! That happened to me a couple of times so I quit using it. As Tony
said, if you show your hand too soon, others has time to compensate and raise
their bids. Ahh well, the book was worth at least $20 so I'm not complaining,
but the $7 sounded better, hi hi.......

Best,

Will