Re: [Amps] eBay

To: Osten B Magnusson <sm5dqc@areteadsl.se>
Subject: Re: [Amps] eBay
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 08:58:35 -0700
Osten B Magnusson wrote:

> What happens if I see, as an example, a tranceiver worth
> 500 dollars, current bid is 100 dollars and I bid 9999 dollars?
> I will get it for 101 dollars or are there any special rules?

It is very dangerous.  If the current bid is $100, you do not know what the
maximum bid of this person is.  Suppose person A bids $99 maximum, and person B
bids $9998 maximum.  Then the current bid will be $100, and person B will be
the
high bidder.  Now suppose you see this and bid $9999. You become the high
bidder
for 9999 dollars!

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA