Re: [Amps] RE : copper or silver in tank circuit?

To: "hermans" <on4kj@skynet.be>, "'Steve Thompson'" <g8gsq@ic24.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE : copper or silver in tank circuit?
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:35:18 -0400
Gold has low conductance, but gold plating is usually very thin.  Since it
has low conductivity it has greater skin depth and since gold plating is
usually around a micron thick most of the current flows thru the material
under it. However, it does provide for a good deal of protection for that
underlying material from corrosion.  I have junked a lot of military
microwave stuff in my younger days that was used in aircraft. The cavities
were gold plated inside and out.

73
Bill wa4lav