Re: [Amps] Alpha 86 PIN Diode Fuse

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 86 PIN Diode Fuse
From: John/K4WJ <k4wj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:31:34 -0400
I own a DEO QSK-1500 and a previous owner wired a bulb in series with the
fuse. When the QSK-1500 is presented with a SWR higher than what it wants
to see the bulb begins to glow. The bulb is mounted on top of the unit so
it is easy to see.  I believe the bulb is a #47.

Can these guys be popping fuses because the QSK switch doesn't see a match?

73..de John/K4WJ

At 01:49 PM 07/14/2005, you wrote:
>ke6cvh@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > I blew  the PIN diode fuse.
>
>This is strange.  I had an 86 for a couple of years, used it a lot --
>always full QSK at at least 1300 watts output on all bands, and NEVER
>blew the fuse.  Yet some guys have continual problems with this.
>Something is going on that isn't clear to me.
>
>--
>73,
>Vic, K2VCO
>Fresno CA