Re: [Amps] Alpha 86 PIN Diode Fuse

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 86 PIN Diode Fuse
From: mike kendall <ke6cvh@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 04:25:30 -0700 (PDT)
When I used a QSK pin diode switch into a 16ft homebrew bug catcher on the
front of my bronco, I at one time had a problem with a corroded connection.
The connection would not show up until it "warmed up" and then would extremely
sharply rise in VSWR too quickly for the ALC to catch it.  This happened a
couple of times before it blew the fuse in my QSK switch from Ameritron.  I
replaced it with the bulb mentioned in previous emails and also fixed the
antenna problem and never again had a problem.  Read the other post for how the
fuse was replaced.
Mike

R@contesting.com, UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR. wrote:
Vic -- Perhaps you don't have as many thunderstorms?

Rich Measures, 805.386.3734, AG6K, www.somis.org