Re: [Amps] Alpha 86 PIN Diode Fuse

To: "R; Measures" <r@somis.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 86 PIN Diode Fuse
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:14:41 -0700
R; Measures wrote:

> Vic -- Perhaps you don't have as many thunderstorms?

Here in Central CA, we don't have many -- and my antenna and power leads
come through a single-point entry with ICE protectors on them.  One
possibility.

Another is that I drove the 86 with either an Elecraft K2, which does
not have an overshoot problem, and a TS850s which I make sure to adjust
for minimum or no overshoot.

I don't know if SWR, as someone mentioned, is the issue.  I made a few
antenna-switching mistakes which resulted in the amp tripping out on
reflected power without blowing the fuse.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco