[Amps] Mobile amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Mobile amps
From: "Will Matney" <craxd@engineer.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:57:37 -0500
All,

Some have been buying those 11 meter mobile amps and converting them over for
amateur use. The ones which use un-etched PC boards, etc. The RF keying in
these are generally rats nests and pretty weak circuit wise. Most dont last
very long and are for use only with about 5 watts max input and have no SSB
capabilities. I am now offering retrofit kits for RF keying, and bias control.
Most are made class C only and the ones with any bias are not adjustable only
using a diode clamp. I can do these on tie strips or on small PC boards made to
mount upright on edge. The tie strips take up the less room. If any are
interested in these, give me an e-mail. I'll be glad to help in converting
these in any way possible.

Best,

Will

Amateur Transformer & Supply