Re: [Amps] Mobile Amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Mobile Amps
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:32:34 -0400
Bob,

Actually, it will work on all the bands, it just wont have a low pass filter to
keep a lower band from interfering with a higher one. That's all the bandpass
boards are I've seen in the Ham mobile amps. They have a switchable low pass
filter for each band with a cut off frequency set at the next highest band to
be used. Matter of fact, there's none I've seen with any type of tuning on the
input since it's wideband. If one wanted, he could add a switchable bandpass
filter in the coax off the output between it and the load.

$900 is a little high for this one as it looks to have a little age on it. But,
your looking at a 16 transistor amp which I dont think any is being made by the
amateur community. That amps output will be around 1200-1600 watts as a rough
guess. The main reason I posted about this one was so folks could see how
they're being made.

Best,

Will