Re: [Amps] Wrong Business

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Wrong Business
From: "Martin Sole" <msole@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 23:09:15 +0700
I don't think the dizzing heights of this bizarre phenomena have yet been
scaled in this thread so may I offer for your very serious perusal
http://www.triodeandco.com/04us_prices.html
Actually and specifically the 2005 price list for Audio Note products. You
may wish to purchase their AN-E SOGON speakers at a tempting US$125,000. You
may wish to feed these from the Ongaku integrated amplifier, first 15 were
sold at the old price, US$49,500 from now on they will be at the
significantly more realistic price of US$69,500. If you prefer the far
better separate pre and power amplifier route you will be happy to pay for
the M9 phono preamplifier, only US$69,500 and the SOGON level six power
amplifier US$140,000. Of course having begged to pay for such quantities of
rare and prescious metals all redistributed into some idea of a musical
replication system it would be foolish not to go that last mile/kilometre
and invest in the right speaker cable, the SOGON LX at a mere US$7,950 per
metre. I know I know American website using metres. Oh and not forgeting the
US$370 charge for terminations. All prices are less taxes of course.

All that top of the range Yaekencom stuff looks far to cheap to be worthy of
consideration. Can somebody please build the radio mentioned in Tiltons 'DX
Power' book, the Space Universe 2001 Maxima transceiver, replete with gold
wound transformers , all silver wiring, only lime green capacitors and 50
watt resistors, totally chrome plated front panel with polished ebony
covers. Figure a bunch would sell at a knockdown US$250,000.

Cheers from steamy Bangkok.

Martin HS0ZED