Re: [Amps] Energy stored in capacitor bank ?

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Energy stored in capacitor bank ?
From: "G0RUZ Conrad" <conrad@g0ruz.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 23:31:54 +0100
You need to think very carefully how you are going to deal with the
destructive force all that stored energy could inflict. Personally I
wouldn't want more than about 20% of what you have there. It may be worth
considering crowbar protection such as used by OE5JFL and a really nice big
glitch resistor.

http://www.qsl.net/oe5jfl/flashover.htm

73

Conrad G0RUZ