Re: [Amps] AC wiring

To: <Gudguyham@aol.com>, "Amps Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AC wiring
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:36:51 -0400
> I agree  with you Tony.  I ran a new 240 VAC circuit for my Alpha  which
> specifies 20A.  I used 10 AWG for the run to ensure least  voltage drop
> over
> the 100 foot path...

10AWG is probably the minimum I would use for a new electrical installation.
A few years ago,  I ran 4-pole 240VAC with #10 over a 60-foot run for use
with my Alpha amps.   At 1500W, the line voltage sag is okay but not great.
If I had to do it over again, I would probably double the wire size, then
meditate real hard before wrestling with the wire pull.  But I think the
results would be worth the extra pain.

Paul, W9AC