Re: [Amps] How about this furnace?

To: g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk, amps@contesting.com,amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] How about this furnace?
From: pa3duv@planet.nl
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 12:19:21 +0100
Peter,

On the EU mainland 20 kW input @3 phase mains with 400 VAC between the
phases will result in 17 A per phase.
I reckon from am a standard house mains inlet one can run a 30 kW
amplifier and use the dishwasher, microwave and cook a decent stir fry
wok at the same time.

A RF tetrode in class AB1 @ 30 kw could deliver approx 20 kW RF output.
The 10 kW loss in heat could be used to heat ones house. My 7.5 kW
woodburner is sufficient to heat my house at -10 degrees C ambient
temperatures so 10 kW from the amplifier should be more than
sufficient.

Cheers, Dick Knol
PA3DUV