[Amps] Plate impedance

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Plate impedance
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 01:17:39 -0400
All,

I started reading through the RCA Radiotron Handbook this evening looking for
where the factor of 1.8 is listed for calculating the plate impedance of a
class AB amplifier, and I can not find it. The edition I have was the older one
back in the 40's with the black cover. The red one was from the 50's and had
more in it if I recall, but I don't have it. I was wanting to find where it
gives this factor, and the ones for Class A, AB1, AB2, B, and C. Bill Orrs
handbook gives the factor of 1.8 on his Pi tank values table, but doesn't
mention anywhere in the text where it came from. I also looked in a RCA
receiving tube book and could not find it there either, or I am overlooking it
somewhere. I could have sworn it was in the Radiotron Handbook. The Handbook
does say that the plate impedance is twice the peak voltage swing times the
peak anode current. What I'm wanting to know is where are these factors located
in print, as I'd like to read the whole texts concerning this? Any help
  would be deeply appreciated. Thanks to all in advance.

Best,

Will