Re: [Amps] Ameritron Amps

To: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron Amps
From: "Fern Rivard" <crc@cyberlink.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:15:06 -0600
    Yes Ed, Fred Hammond was involved in the building of those Viewstar
amplifiers as Fred supplied the dies to make the tuning capacitors.  I
recall when Paul Hivniak (not sure on spelling of his name) had a big
sale on all the models especially the PT-1000 and the PT-2500 so that
must have been at about the time that they shut down the canadian
operations. The PT-3000A was in same cabinet as the PT-2500 amp.  I'm
not aware of the details as to whether Viewstar actually went under but
I do know that B&W had bought the rights to them but it appears that not
very many were sold then.
    Fern     VE7GZ