Re: [Amps] Tube Prices

To: ka1xo@juno.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tube Prices
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 13:47:18 -0400
Hal,

At the time, GE, Owensboro was the last manufacturer of receiving tubes. The
prices were still cheap where anyone could afford them. Richardsons bought up
the stock from every other manufacturer who had quit making them like RCA and
Sylvania. Eddie Richardson cut a deal with GE and bought the GE plant renaming
it MPD. They mention this at their website, but wont mention Eddie's name, just
saying an investor. As soon as this happened, Richardsons price doubled on
tubes, and in months kept going up. What does this sound like to you?

Best,

Will