Re: [Amps] Parasitics & Filament Sag

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Parasitics & Filament Sag
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 18:54:47 +0100
R L Measures wrote:

>>> N7WS, Wes, was the man who single handedly ended the grate parasitics
>>> debate between Tom and me by measuring the Q and parallel-
>>>equivalent R
>>> (Rp) of a conventional parasitic suppressor and that of a low VHF-Q
>>> parasitic suppressor -- And publishing the results without first
>>> consulting with Tom. The results:
>>> http://www.somis.org/Rp-comp.html
>>>

>> :
>>
>> Rich gives only one part of the story. For the information of relative
>> newcomers, "let the record show" the other part as well:
>>
>> N7WS categorically disagreed with Rich's interpretation of his
>> measurements. He considered that Rich had misused the data in his web
>> pages.

If anyone cares to read it, the record of the 1996 debate on
rec.radio.amateur.homebrew is available on Google Groups at:
http://tinyurl.com/fe2qz

Be prepared for 217 messages which will tell a different story from the
one Rich has posted today.

I know some people don't like this stuff - well, neither do I. But some
things are even more important than amplifiers; things like basic moral
principles.

One is to stand up for someone who is not a member of this group, when
his technical and personal reputation are being attacked.

Another is that, if someone attempts to  rewrite the true history of
events to serve his own purposes, that should never be allowed to pass
unchallenged. Never.

That is all I have to say. For the rest, the historical record can speak
for itself.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek