Re: [Amps] "10 Meter Ban" to be lifted ...

To: Harold Mandel <ka1xo@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] "10 Meter Ban" to be lifted ...
From: "" <dcoffman@iquest.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:06:25 -0400
Harold,

My apologies, I was under the impression that a single 8877 with the
appropriate power supply would produce 1.5KW easily and over 2KW PEP.  I
assumed that 2 X 8877 would be way over that, again with the appropriate
supply.

That answers my question, that 2 tubes in this amplifier would yield legal
limit.  Without that understanding, I couldn't figure out why one would take
the time and cost to add a second expensive tube if you already had all you
could use.

Thanks for your reply,

Doug - N9XTF