[Amps] Stupid questions...

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Stupid questions...
From: chris@yipyap.com
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:42:01 -0600
I'm piping up just for a moment to disagree with this:

Jim said:
> Moreover -- an email reflector shoulod NOT be the place to learn
> the basics of electronics, radio, or how amplifiers work. It
> should not be "ask docter science."

I'm one inclined to ask stupid questions sometimes.  I guess
if you don't like it, you might want to put me in your killfile.
It's my contention that going to a place where experts hang
out and asking questions is a good way to learn.  It works for me.

I do appreciate those who have the patience to answer my questions.

One way to handle questions that come up frequently or
are deemed too elementary for the group would be to have an established
FAQ or other resource that contains the basic information.

As a neophyte, I find it particularly distressing when someone
says something to the effect of "everybody knows that the '67 ARRL
handbook was wrong about..."  If such is the case than exhortations
to read the handbook really don't have much traction.  Mixed messages
are always a bummer.

Chris
w0ep