Re: [Amps] Stupid questions...

To: <chris@yipyap.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Stupid questions...
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 21:47:50 -0400
It can be surprising how much is learned by many because of a so called
"stupid question". I am constantly amazed at how many people seem to
proclaim the "expert status" and stumble over things that seem trivial to
others.
Keep in mind that there are many varying degrees of knowledge on a wide
range of subjects and there are very few experts in the world.  Beware of
those self proclaimed "experts".
Not singling anyone out or casting shadows in any direction here or making
any implications. There are some very knowledgeable people on this list.

Don't be shy about asking questions. More people than just you will probably
learn something from them and starting a discussion often leads in many
interesting directions for many others.

"Looking at the books" is not a bad thing to encourage either. I often refer
to them to refresh my old memory before answering some posts or to learn
more about a particular subject being discussed.

I think where the complaint may come from about questions is the fact that
sometimes people will take no initiative to think about or try to figure out
(read about) anything that they are asking about.

Another good practice is to encourage all replies to come via the list and
not be sent privately. That way everyone gets the benefit of the answer and
you also get the benefit of the answer being reviewed by more than just one
person. It makes for good discussions.

73
Gary  K4FMX