Re: [Amps] Stupid questions...

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Stupid questions...
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:02:40 +0000
Ed wrote:
... but most engineering experts think they are like
> doctors (demi gods) and you're stupid if you ask almost any question.

It's sad if that's been your experience. Maybe I've been lucky, but it's
a few rather than most who have been like that for me.

One thing I have noticed in recent times with increasing use of text
only email - things can often be beautifully explained in a few words a
a quick sketch, but are very difficult to convey in words only without
diagrams or waving hands. Numerous times I've seen people trying to be
brief in a message ending up appearing brusque and arrogant when I know
they are just the opposite if you're sitting with them.

Steve