[Amps] LK 500 ZA heat

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] LK 500 ZA heat
From: dave arruzza <w1ctn@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:44:29 -0700 (PDT)
Hello to all?

  My LK 500 ZA gets very hot when operated for any length of time. I do not
think that the stock fan is adequate for the job. I am planning on adding at
least one fan externally to pull out some of the hot air from the 3-500Z?s.

  Has anyone else had this problem? With the amount of heat generated I am sure
that some other components inside that box are stressed from the extreme heat.
I just want to alleviate this condition before other parts start to fail.

  I?m sure that the bandswitch problems associated with this linear are a
direct result of the heat retained within the box.

  Any ideas and mods are welcome.

  73
  Dave W1CTN