Re: [Amps] commercial amplifier cooling

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] commercial amplifier cooling
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:54:55 -0500
I don't know offhand what the L4 uses as its cooling blower, but my SB-220
has a large fan (rather than a squirrel-cage blower) that is mounted in the
back of the cabinet and blows directly on the tubes.  What I did was to
place a small "muffin fan" - like the ones in computer power supplies -
directly above the tubes on the upper cabinet.  It operates as you suggest,
sucking air from the area around the tubes, and I have found it definitely
helps keep the tubes cool.

73, Pete N4ZR