Re: [Amps] commercial amplifier cooling

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] commercial amplifier cooling
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:41:00 -0500
I bought a couple of 80mm 115 volt AC fans and wired them in series, so
they are a little quieter - one hangs behind my principal transceiver and
helps me keep it cool, while the other sits on top of the amplifier.  I
have had a problem with filaments melting out of their pins on this amp,
and the fan seems to help considerably, as did my recent swapping of grid
and filament springs in the sockets so as to get a bit better filament
connections.

73, Pete N4ZR