Re: [Amps] Damage?

To: "kenw2dtc" <kenw2dtc@comcast.net>, "Fortra" <fortra@siol.net>, "Robert Kirkland" <alpha76@triton.net>, "amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Damage?
From: "Harold Mandel" <hmandel@barantelecom.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:44:47 -0400
{snip}
"...specially-designed, low-emissivity, oxygen-free line cord..."
Do these line cords have gold connectors on each end ?
I am a discriminating buyer and would have nothing less than the very
best.
{snip}

Oooooo, a discriminating consumer!
Boy, have we got what you need.
The connectors are not gold plated. That stuff is drek.
Our connectors are vacuum-deposited Zinc DiChromate,
with crimped connections made with special dies at
15,000 P.S.I.

Ask about our Gold Seal Series of matched 12AX7A
valves. These are extremely rare and well worth the
$59.95/ea price tag.

All serioussness aside:

Investigate high-end audio. It's a laugh a minute.
There are people selling and buying ceramic
insulators to keep wires from touching the floor
and two hundred dollar line cords.

I'm sure glad Amateur Radio didn't deteriorate
into that. Wayne Greene would absolutely blow a gasket!

Hal
6L6GB/GT