Re: [Amps] Linear Amps

To: "Tom Haavisto" <kamham69@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Linear Amps
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 15:44:00 -0500
Hi Tom,

Who said that non-homebrewers weren't real Hams...?

All I was trying to convey was the reality that those who have never tried
homebrewing may be missing a wonderful ingredient that helps make Amateur
Radio the magic that it is.

I agree that not everyone may be inclined in that direction...but if one
hasn't ever tried it, how would one ever know if there might not be a latent
talent in that regard dwelling deep inside, just waiting for the opportunity
to blossom...?

Eons ago, when I knew absolutely nothing about licensing requirements in
Canada, I wrote to the then DOT requesting a syllabus...I was absolutely
dismayed to learn that one of the essential cornerstones in becoming a Ham
here was the ability to send & receive CW at a minimum 10 WPM.

I thought I'd NEVER become an Amateur once I saw that --- and yet I studied,
I practised, I tried --- and guess what? 99.99% of my operating time here is
now on CW. I love it!

Go figure...

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ