Re: [Amps] 1625

To: "Colin Lamb" <k7fm@teleport.com>, "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <gzook@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 1625
From: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:09:03 -0600
Colin
Did you burn the paint off the 6AG7's?
That was the true power output indicator. I think you needed the extra drive
from 20A for that level.
My coach from the beginner days gave me 6CL6 pulls for my first linear and a
junky 457 for a vfo for my 10B.
That way I got a roller coil and the spare pa tune cap from the vfo
leftovers
I only had 750 volts but the 6CL6's glowed orange most of the time at that.
Paul K0UYA