Re: [Amps] 1625

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "gzook@yahoo.com" <gzook@yahoo.com>, 'Edwin Karl' <edk0kl@centurytel.net>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>, "garyschafer@comcast.net" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 1625
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:53:45 -0500
Many years ago when I had a 10A  I used 4 6AG7s in G-G runing 1100 Volts on
the plate. Got about 300watts plate input power. I had them pressed into 1"
holes in an aluminum block fins cut in it using carbide tipped table saw
blade. And had a little fan blowing air on them. I used a TV power supply
transformer with a voltage doubler.
     I could only get a couple of watts from my 10A because I replace the
pair of coils with bandswitched coils. Had two switches, one where the dial
lamp was and one where the 1/4 inch jack was located in the lower
corner.  Most likely the low power was due to the fact that I had to
compromise on the link coupling coil one the plate for all the bands.  Made
lots of contacts with that amplifier and later went to a pair of 4CX250Bs.
    The last of the P&H 400 series the "C" version had a band switch
instead of the ARC5 antenna coil.

73
Bill wa4lav