Re: [Amps] [Moon-net] Major breakthrough with regenerative yagi.

To: 'AMPS' <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [Moon-net] Major breakthrough with regenerative yagi.
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 07:26:01 +0100
Gary Hinson wrote:

> Hi David.
>
> The only perpetual motion machine that works for sure is called
> "government".  Unfortunately it needs constant feeding with tax dollars, so
> it doesn't technically qualify.

We have the same problem here in the England - you may have seen it hit
the news in the USA, as numerous things have been leaked by the Daily
Telegraph.

Basically our MPs have been having a great time at our expense. Since
many live miles from the House of Commands, they can buy a second home
nearer to the house of commons, and claim the interest on the mortgage.

BUT

* Some do this, despite living very close to the House of Commons.
Clearly its a nice way of making extra money on the house sale. One I
think only lived two miles away, but needed to buy an extra house to be
closer.

* One has been claiming about £15,000 (around $24,000) for the interest
- despite the fact the mortgage was paid off! This was due to his
"accounting error". Yes, I believe that one too.

* One who was to retire in 2 months, spent £27,000 (around $42,000) on
book shelves. When he retires, he takes the book shelves home.

* Another claimed for a adult movie.

* Another claimed £4000 for his garden, though he withdrew the claim
when told it might be considered excessive.

* Our MPs currently do not need to submit receipts for anything under
£250 (about $400).

* The MPs currently vote on their own pay rises.

Numerous other MPs have been found milking the system which was designed
by MPs, for the benefit of MPs.

The list goes on. That is the government in England. It looks like it
will be 'cleaned up' - it remains to be seen how much.

> Mind you, big supercooled electromagets in medical imaging systems are
> (almost) incredible: they are charged up at the factory and keep 'spinning'
> literally for years, or so I was told by my contact at the factory that
> makes them.

That's not quite true. They are not 'charged up' at the factory, but in
the hospital. Passing current through them in the factory would make
shipping impossible.

They have (or at least the ones I've come across) a small heater on
them, which can be used in an emergency to remove the magnetic field. If
the wire is heated up sufficient to stop the coil becoming a
superconductor, then the magnetic field collapses. The forces would
probably damage the magnet, so it is only to be used in an emergency.

The magnets use liquid helium (4.2 K) to keep the wire super-conducting,
but use much cheaper liquid Nitrogen (77 K) to stop the helium boiling
off as quickly.

> Have you seen those who extrapolate cable loss figures down to HF or LF and
> claim negative losses?  I've seen someone advise them not to connect the
> open ends of the cable together in case it causes an explosion!

I've not seen the extrapolation of coax losses. Some people do have some
odd ideas.

Going back about 20 years, there was a very large (about 5-7 page)
advertisement taken out in New Scientist. It was paid for by someone who
thought he had the design for a perpetual motion machine. He tried to
get his ideas published in the major scientific journals (Nature was one
example I recall), but no journal would accept his paper. So he
published his paper as a very long advert, which must have cost him a
small fortune.

His paper (advert) was extremely mathematical, and despite having an
engineering degree, I could not follow the maths. It basically depended
on the fact that the speed of light was not constant, but depended on
whether the earth was moving towards or away from the Sun. Of course,
conventional science says the speed of light in a vacuum is a constant 3
x 10^8 m/s. He reckoned his equipment could measure a difference as it
was more accurate than anything anyone else had constructed. Exploiting
this difference, he reckoned he could make the perpetual motion machine
in about 5 years. That was 20 years ago, so he is a bit behind schedule!

If anyone has a copy of that New Scientist Advert, I'd like to see it.

Dave