Re: [Amps] Solid state relays and step start

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Solid state relays and step start
From: Larry <larry@w7iuv.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:45:08 -0800
Gary,

No problems here. Been using them in that application for more than 8
years now with no problems. I have a two-stage step start which has two
series resistors. The SS relays (zero crossing) short each one
sequentially, in approximately 30 mS steps. Probably a worst case
situation for those SS relays. The "mains" relay is a DPST mercury job.

73, Larry - W7IUV