Re: [Amps] Solid state relays and step start

To: sub1@rogerhalstead.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Solid state relays and step start
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 23:14:26 EST

Hi Roger, that is exactly how I use it and it works wonderfully well! I am
using a $20 adjustable Dayton timer set for 10 seconds. No runs, no hits,
no  errors!

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 3/4/2010 8:17:10 P.M. Central Standard Time,
sub1@rogerhalstead.com writes:

TexasRF@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Gary, I have  tried using solid state relays in that application with
> poor  reliability. The last attempt was a 70A unit that worked ok for a
while
> but  a flashover in the plate circuit took it out in a shorted
condition. The
> B+ lead  had a 50 ohm current limiting resistor  installed but that was
not
> enough. 30A  fuses in the primary  also blew.

If need be you can always use a solid state  timer to control a
mechanical relay(s).

73

Roger  (K8RI)