Re: [Amps] A tale of two IMs What happens?

To: dezrat1242@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] A tale of two IMs What happens?
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:40:31 -0400

Bill, W6WRT wrote:
> [...]
And although many of us disagree with him politically most of us in the
computing profession give him full credit for said creating. You'll find
this particularly true for the leaders in the development of the
Internet and arpnet
> Quoting from Wolf Blitzer's interview with Gore:  "During my service
> in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the
> Internet."
>
> Is "taking the initiative" the same as "being the first"?  Is
> "creating" the same as "inventing"?  Your call.

To me they are easy calls. Initiative and first are not related. Taking
the initiative is deciding to do something, or even taking a leadership
roll while first is exactly that, being the first to do something, nor
is creating even a synonym for inventing. Every time I build something I
am creating, but I certainly am not inventing.

73

Roger (K8RI)