Re: [Amps] Time to Quit Using PayPal?

To: Amplifier Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Time to Quit Using PayPal?
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:49:44 -0400
Personally, I think it is about time that those running massive EBay stores pay
their share of taxes.
When you see someone with hundreds or even a thousand items at a time selling
on Ebay it can't be
casual sales, like a garage sale.  Government trying to find those people not
paying their share of federal taxes and
begin taxing them. They are also cracking down on non-profits that take in lots
of money to make sure that they
are really non-profit organizations. So all non-religious non-profit
organizations must file a new form this month.
This includes Radio clubs that have 501C-3 status. I expect that local
governments will be looking into sales at
flea markets too.  But things like the Dayton Hamvention might be counter
productive since it brings so much
local business to the hotels and restaurants during those few days. Running off
the vendors and those hams
just trying to upgrade their stations or sell their excess gear while attending
other actives would ultimately
lead to a net loss of revenue.
73
Bill wa4lav