Re: [Amps] New High Efficiency 3-500Z plate caps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New High Efficiency 3-500Z plate caps
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 10:43:21 -0500
High school shop class / metal lathe / two inch aluminum bar stock /
3/4 inch deep thin cutting tip / multiple cuts spaced same as
thickness as tool.

You should wind up with a 2 inch diameter cap with eight to ten fins.

This can be done for under $10 .  Its harder, but a hacksaw and a wood
working lathe can do the same thing, only much slower.

I did this more for "looks" on a 4-1000 amp in the 70s, but I'm sure
with probably 10 times the surface area of the eimac caps, it did
"some" good.

Don WA4NPL