Re: [Amps] New High Efficiency 3-500Z plate caps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New High Efficiency 3-500Z plate caps
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 10:52:29 -0400
Somewhere in my youth, I recall reading that plate caps like that make
very little difference, because the ability of that thin plate electrode
to transfer heat from the plate itself is the limiting factor, not the
size or surface area of the cap.  True/false?

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,