Re: [Amps] Voltage Doubler Regulation

To: "'Richard Solomon'" <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Voltage Doubler Regulation
From: "Mike" <hinrgdj@centurylink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 16:25:36 -0500
Richard, take a look at this web page figure 2. It takes more diode strings
but gives very good
performance over what the standard handbook FWD circuits we've been
accustomed too! Use 6a10 diodes
from mouser...cheap... http://208.190.133.201/lit/4x8/index.html

Take note C4 is critical for best regulation and it only takes ~10-20ufd. An
oil filled cap
or one of the russian poly hv caps listed on ebay works fb.

The lower the sec R of the high V transformer the better, very important! A
boat anchor tranny with 50 ohm
Secondary will not work well ;-))

Hope this helps!

Mike, K4EAR