Re: [Amps] Voltage Doubler Regulation

To: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Voltage Doubler Regulation
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:00:48 -0400
That must have been a healthy size wench(-;

Before I recently obtained Gates BC-1T parts I was using a modulation
transformer from a 4CX5000A 10KW transmitter. About 375# and required its
own floor space but it was free, used my cherry picker to get it out of the
pickup and also to lower it thru the basement bulkhead. With that much iron
I didnt need to be concerned about a perfect impedance match either using a
loafing pair of 304TL's modulating a pair of 250TH's. The Gates is a very
close match plus I also got the modulation reactor and coupling cap plus all
the PS iron.

Carl
KM1H