Re: [Amps] Any new tube research? (WAS) Re: New NXP BLF578XR 1200W LDMOS

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Any new tube research? (WAS) Re: New NXP BLF578XR 1200W LDMOS FET is "indestructible"
From: jeff millar <jeff@wa1hco.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:52:33 -0400
Hollow State devices (tubes) have a number of potential advantages over Solid
State Devices.
    - Orders of magnitude greater electron mobility (they fly through vacuum
better than through solids)
    - Mechanical construction around the perimeter rather than through the body
of the active area
    - minimal need for packaging when used in space

Areas of advanced technology include...

Spindt cathodes
    - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_emitter_array
    - Make a sharp point on the atomic scale and electronics emit without
heating

Plasma TV's
    - Highly integrated Hollow State device

Relativistic Electron Tubes