Re: [Amps] Gettering 3-500 Tubes

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Gettering 3-500 Tubes
From: rbethman <rbethman@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 12:12:10 -0500
I agree completely!

The only time I've had Eimac tube gas issues, has been with WWII era
250THs and 100THs.

The ONLY reason for this to occur is because they are NOT force air
cooled!  They are ONLY convection cooled.

The 3-500s, 4-400s, 3-400s, 3-1000s, and 4-1000s are all in a forced air
socket to keep that seal between glass and pins cool, and take away the
envelope heat out through a chimney.  Then there is the plate cap.  It
also takes the heat from the plate and removes it in the air stream.

The 813s and 572Bs aren't as well cooled, BUT - really don't need to be.

Bob - N0DGN