Re: [Amps] Gettering 3-500 Tubes

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Gettering 3-500 Tubes
From: rbethman <rbethman@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 17:15:06 -0500
Carl brings up some VERY good points!

I'm not a fan of all this Harbach mod stuff.

Replacing the original diodes with better ones is darn good advice.
When I built my SB-201, I replaced the Heath supplied diodes VERY
shortly after building it.

There was too much voltage sag.

Tubes are relatively cheap when put up against the entire HV Section.
The SB-220/221 power transformer is going to be hard to come by today.
The only real solution would be to have it rewound.  That isn't an
inexpensive path either.

I'll add an Amen to the parasitic oscillation voodoo also!

Bob - N0DGN