Re: [Amps] soldering vs crimping

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] soldering vs crimping
From: Vic K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 10:12:37 -0700
It's not tricky if you have three things:

1) The right soldering iron. I have a Weller W100P that I use for this. It's
also handy
for copper tubing and strap in tank circuits, etc. It has a large thermal mass
so that the
heat is transferred to the connector quickly, and is also temperature
controlled.

2) Decent connectors. You need these anyway! I have some that I inherited that
solder
doesn't stick to.

3) Decent coax, with good braid coverage. Again, you need this anyway.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA